Monday, September 08, 2008

Just a Little White Ball...


Sorry for the lack of postings and replies to your comments. I left Wednesday night for my annual golf trip in northern Michigan with some college friends. I'm by far the worst golfer in the group, but I had a great time. We played some of the most beautiful courses in Michigan. Thursday we played 9 at A Ga Ming's Torch course on Torch Lake before rain chased us away. Torch Lake is said to be the third most beautiful lake in the world - the whole area is a great place to vacation. Friday we played Hawk's Eye twice. I had never played it before, but I think it's my third favorite course after Arcadia Bluffs and Bay Harbor. Saturday we played the Chief (keep your driver in your bag) and then back to A Ga Ming to play Sundance, which ranks near the top for me as well. We always save the best for last - Arcadia Bluffs on Sunday. It is a stunning links course on 3,100 feet of frontage on Lake Michigan (I took this picture, instead of my usual practice of poaching them off Google images). It is ranked the number one public course in Michigan and it's in the top 10 nationally. It's hard to hit your ball out of bounds (very helpful for my tee shots) but there are huge sod walled bunkers everywhere that are next to impossible to get out of and the greens are speedy and undulating. We played 99 holes of golf in 4 days, not a bad little weekend.

No comments: