Sunday, June 10, 2007

In Rome, Still On My Game


President Bush met with the Pope yesterday in Rome and was met with a large protest, apparently. We missed it, as we didn't get into Rome until the evening. However, I did my part by ripping down the stickers and posters wherever I could. The host of our bed and breakfast, Valentina, asked us what we thought of the President. She believes that he is not a good person, and also that the Pope is a Nazi. That really frustrates me. I believe the President has made a lot of mistakes (spending, immigration, certainly tactical mistakes during the war), but I do believe he has done what he thought was right without worrying about the political consequences, while trying to defeat the greatest evil the world has seen since World War II.

Anyway, today we visited the Colleseum, the Forum, Palatine Hill, the Pantheon, and Piazza Nuvona. Yes, I am tired. Tomorrow we'll get up early and hit the Vatican and then probably some of the fountains and such in the afternoon.

3 comments:

Marge said...

Jon VanderPlas!!! Did you take that picture? If so, I am impressed. Sounds like you are having a great time and all your planning is paying off.

Rudi said...

Jon,

I'm impressed if DIDN'T take this picture. It still takes skill to save a picture off of Google images.

Where are you guys at now.

Jon Vander Plas said...

Sorry, I didnt mean to imply that I have Matt Dunmore skills. I am, as Rudi suggests, more skilled at stealing pics off Google images.