Thursday, June 21, 2007

Klaus - Leader of B Squad


Sorry to post two days in a row on global warming, but this article is just too good. Vaclav Klaus, president of the Czech Republic, argues in the Financial Times that global warming propaganda is huge threat to individual freedom, democracy, the market economy, and prosperity. He answers a series of questions submitted by readers, some from my line of thinking, but mostly from Al Gore types. Klaus argues that global warming “is more about social than natural sciences and more about man and his freedom than about tenths of a degree Celsius changes in average global temperature.” The "imminent crisis" that is global warming is an attempt to use government to restrict our freedoms and to control markets. I highly recommend this quick Q&A, Klaus (I love the name Klaus, by the way, it reminds me of Willem Dafoe's character in the Life Aquatic) sums up the arguments I'm trying to make, only he's smarter than me.

No comments: